The aim of this food hygiene training module is to introduce you to the basic principles of Food Safety and Hygiene. It is ideal as induction training and will benefit anyone working in a situation where there is food and drink but is not involved with food preparation.
If you are involved (or going to be involved) with food preparation you will need to undertake Level 2 Food Safety training. Please click on the related products tab above for more information about our Level 2 courses.
Successful completion of this Virtual College course will enable you to understand:
- How to keep yourself clean and hygienic
- How to keep your work area clean
- How food becomes contaminated and your role in reducing contamination
The sections covered include:
- Learning Objectives and an introduction to Food Safety and Hygiene – Food Safety and Hygiene are terms commonly used; here we will look at how they relate to food that has been prepared and served.
- Why Food Safety is important – This section looks at the consequences of poor food safety and hygiene and causes of food borne illness.
Approximately 2 hours. The length of time taken depends entirely on how quickly you can study and absorb the material. You can proceed as quickly or slowly as you like, and there is no limit on how long you can take to do the course.
This course is targeted at a variety of candidates, including new employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge, employees handling low-risk or wrapped food or those who work front of house, such as waiting or check out staff, as well as back of house such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff.
It is ideal as induction training and will benefit anyone working in a situation where there is food and drink but is not involved with food preparation.
Anyone working or preparing to work in the Food Industry, either in the Catering, Manufacturing or Retail Sectors, should complete the Level 2 Food Hygiene and Safety Training if they are handling and/or preparing food.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines